I also think of sipping ice tea with lemon on a nice porch overlooking the fields. The sun is shining but the porch offers some shade. The ice melts quickly when it is that hot out and the refreshing quench is much appreciated.
Ploughman's Lunch Menu
A Ploughman's lunch is a rustic combination of bread, cheese and beer. You can add a more modern twist by adding other farm fresh ingredients/menu items. Served on a platter, large plate, cutting board or even a plank of wood, you then assemble the food as you'd like and chow down!
Here are some suggestions of what could be included:
- Sharp aged cheddar, goats milk cheese (chevre)
- Bread - rustic, earthy breads cut in large slices
- Mango chutney, grainy mustard
- Boiled fresh eggs
- Ham, roast beef or pate
- Pickles - dill, onions, beans
- Pork or beef pie, sausage rolls, cornish pasties
- Sliced apples, pears
- New potatoes or potato salad
- Carrots, celery or other veggies (with or without dip)
- Raspberry, strawberry or blueberry jam (or any jam or spread that is farm produced)
- Black tea
Check out my latest Pinterest board called Vintage Farmhouse Kitchen for more ideas!